Biological Dental Health in 2019 – A Last Look Back
Posted on Wednesday, December 18th, 2019
It might be safe to say that 2019 was the year of the root canal – or, rather, the year of surging interest in the potential impact of root canal treatment on overall health and well-being.
And for that, you can thank the 2018 documentary film Root Cause, which made it onto Netflix and Amazon Prime early in the year, much to the dismay of the American Association of Endodontists, the American Dental Association, and other orthordox organizations.
Suddenly, dentists everywhere were reporting a flood of phone calls from folks concerned about their root canal teeth. They wanted them all out. They wondered if it would help “cure” their current health problems or keep chronic conditions from arising in the first place. They wanted answers.
And our blog was one place they came looking for them – even after Netflix and Amazon caved in to industry pressure and removed the film from their catalog. Three of the ten most popular posts this past year dealt directly with the film and its fallout. Two more dealt with the importance of addressing the biological terrain before any dental or other health burdens such as root canal teeth, one of the key points missed by the filmmakers in their oversimplification of the subject.
- When It Comes to Your Health, Are You Deciding – or Letting a Movie Decide for You? Some Thoughts on Health Choices After Seeing Root Cause
- But Does Fluoride Stop Decay? Not So Much, Suggests New Study
- You’ve Seen Root Cause. Now What?
- Use Probiotics Wisely
- The Great Toothbrush Debate, Part 572
- Another Toothbrush Option: Is It Worth It?
- Root Canal Teeth & the Need for a Terrain-Based Approach
- It’s Not Just Vaccines
- Reason to Steer Clear of Chemical Cleaners
- Why We Start with the Biological Terrain: Sarah’s Story
The terrain, as they say, is everything.
All of us here at Dr. V’s office wish you the happiest of holiday seasons and a healthy start to 2020! See you back here after the first of the year!