Speaking of toothbrushes…and weirdness…
Did you see the one  about the guy who had 18 toothbrushes – and a lot of other odds and ends – surgically removed from his stomach?
If you’re squeamish, don’t watch.
But wait! There’s more!
Dr Anton Emmanuel, a consultant gastroenterologist at University College London Hospitals, and spokesperson for the British Society of Gastroenterology, said it is impossible to swallow a toothbrush accidentally.
Actually, it is possible . Unlikely. But possible.
Even the Mail itself – that paragon of fine journalism – ran a story earlier this month about an Indian boy who was “unsure” of how he swallowed a six inch long toothbrush and “might not have told his parents [about it] out of fear.”
Most often, though – according to Dr. Emmanuel – in a case like the one in the video above, there’s a “psychiatric disorder” at work.
You don’t say…
Read more about the strange things people have swallowed  over at TechWorm.
Image by ben dalton , via Flickr